Grapefruit Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium pink grapefruit
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Cut grapefruit in half; with a sharp knife, cut around each section to loosen fruit, reserving juice. In a salad bowl, toss the spinach, onion and grapefruit sections. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, honey, mustard and reserved grapefruit juice; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 35 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Jan 16, 2014
One of the best dressings I have made. Nice balance, not too sweet, and EASY.
Mar 6, 2013
Quick, easy, and very tasty! Great healthy recipe when citrus is in season.
Sep 22, 2010
My family loved this salad. Very light and refreshing!!
Jan 31, 2010
This is wonderful! I halve the dressing & keep it separate since we have picky kids, but even they eat the salad, too. Very diabetic-friendly, too!