Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes14 servings (3-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, water, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the milk, corn and parsley; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Add a small amount of hot soup to sour cream. Gradually return all to pan, stirring constantly. Heat through but do not boil.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 275 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Jan 10, 2011
The only changes I made weres using McCormicks "Monreal Steak" seasoning in the meat mixture and then added a little bit of salt, and I added baby carrots and chives for color. I didn't have 12 potatoes, so I used 8, and seems to be plenty. This soup is out of this world good - we're serving it to company tonight with a salad and homemade rolls! This one is definitely a keeper!