Grandma’s Creamy Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 8 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 4 to 5 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil; cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Transfer to a large bowl; add eggs. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 483 calories, 39g fat (8g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
May 27, 2020
I have been making this for years! The BEST!!
Apr 21, 2020
Excellent!!! I don't usually post reviews but this potato salad is so scrumptious I had to tell you about it. I've been using a Martha Stewart recipe for years but, sorry Martha, this is a step up. I didn't have dill pickles so used Vlasic Dill Relish, just added a bit more to make up for not having pickle juice. My new favourite!!!
Jan 16, 2020
Delicious! I live alone, so I cut the recipe in half and still had enough for 3 days. It is a calorie bomb, however.
Feb 12, 2018
love this recipe one of my favorite of all times. Go to pot luck recipe!
Aug 29, 2017
Love, love, love this recipe. This is my new favorite potato salad. I highly recommend you try this.
May 16, 2017
Made this for Mother's Day and everyone loved it, will absolutely make it again!!
Mar 31, 2017
I am craving this so much right now...LOVE THIS RECIPE
Nov 8, 2016
This is our go to for potato salad!
Mar 30, 2016
I boiled the potatoes for only 7 minutes. I also cut it in half and it works out well. If I cut it in half again, I will use 3 eggs. Next time I may add some celery and some garlic powder. It's pretty good, but I need to change it a bit to suit our tastes. I will definitely make this again :)
May 31, 2015
This is the BEST potato salad ever!