Grandma’s Corn Stew
This treasured dish was one of my grandma's favorites, and I have fond memories of making this stew with my mother. Now I serve it to my own family.—Trisha Kaylor, Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
If a recipe calls for a small amount of chopped bell pepper, chop the remaining pepper and freeze for 3-6 months in a freezer bag or airtight container. Use directly from the freezer in a variety of dishes.