Golden Zucchini Pancakes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
Makes8 zucchini pancakes
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 large eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Marinara sauce, warmed, optional
- Place zucchini in a colander to drain; squeeze well to remove excess liquid. Pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano until blended. Stir in flour just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and onion.
- Lightly grease a griddle with butter; heat over medium heat. Drop zucchini mixture by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness (3-in. diameter). Cook until golden brown, 4-5 minutes on each side. If desired, serve with marinara sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes: 145 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Aug 16, 2020
Very good! I didn't have garlic cloves so used 2 t garlic powder, omitted salt (on low salt diet) and used 1/2 -1 t onion powder because every time I add chopped onion to patties of whatever kind it makes them fall apart. Maybe next time I'll get brave and use the real onion. Also don't have marinara sauce. Next time I would use less butter - they seemed to float in it. My changes were miniscule. Was so glad to come across this recipe I had saved - was looking for a way to use up some zucchini and getting tired of the same old recipes. Thank you so much for sharing! I've already copied it onto a 3x5 card (yes, some of us still do that :) ) because I know I'll be using it a lot.
Sep 27, 2015
I thought the flavor was delicious, but I ran into trouble with the texture. They were very soggy for me. I think I didn't squeeze out all of the moisture I could have. I'll try again next time I have zucchini and take extra care to thoroughly dry.
Aug 9, 2015
I didn't think the pancakes themselves had a lot of flavor but with the marinara dipping sauce served with it, that helped. I think more garlic and some crushed red pepper would really help kick things up a notch.
Aug 2, 2015
I didn't think they had a lot of flavor. I put a dollop of apple butter on top to jazz them up.
Jul 31, 2015
These were delicious! I added some shredded carrots with the zucchini and used diced shallots instead of sweet onions.