Golden Peach Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 sheets refrigerated pie crust
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches (about 5 medium)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with 1 crust; trim, leaving a 1-in. overhang around edge. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice, orange zest and extract. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and salt. Add to peach mixture; toss gently to coat. Pour into crust; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining crust to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to bottom crust; fold overhang over. Lightly press or flute edge. Cover the edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 10-15 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 425 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 8, 2020
First time making a peach pie and not disappointed. Flavor was great while apprehensive about using almond extract - it works well in this pie. Also upped cornstarch by about one tablespoon as used one whole frozen peach in addition to the fresh peaches and the filling set perfectly. Definitely a pie I will make again. Kathy
Jul 29, 2020
Being a southern girl, it's hard not to love peaches and pecans. This peach pie is super easy and super delicious! If I could give other cooks one piece of advice it would be to peel & cut your peaches ahead of time, add the lemon (to keep them from going brown) and refrigerate. Then you can finish the recipe a day or two later. Peeling peaches (even when blanched) isn't always an easy task.
Jul 27, 2020
Off the chart! Thank you, Shirley, for this excellent recipe!
Jun 26, 2020
First time making a peach pie--OMG Amazing. I used vanilla because I don;t care for almond. DIdn't have any oranges so skipped peel and had to throw in one nectarine because only had 4 peaches. LOVED IT! Did a lattice crust--so pretty
Apr 28, 2020
No comment left
Dec 31, 2019
Oh, my! So simple but so good! I used homemade pie crust but was inspired to make the lattice like in the picture. It turned out pretty as a picture! A very tasty peach pie that we will be making again and again!
Sep 27, 2019
My family and I loved this pie! A wonderful way to showcase my fresh peaches; filling baked up so nicely, with a great consistency. I followed recipe as written except I used vanilla extract in place of almond, and sprinkled the top with cinnamon-sugar. Scrumptious!
Sep 11, 2019
Oh my goodness. Eating a piece of this pie as I write. Sooooo delicious. I baked it yesterday. Took out of oven around 1:00 in afternoon. Served it with ice cream around 6 with ice cream. After being in fridg all night it is so much better this morning with no ice cream. I did add 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. I also put a full top crust on it instead the strips. Kept the nutmeg. Will keep this recipe.
Sep 10, 2019
Very good. I used my own pie crust recipe, though. The orange zest helped the flavor.
Aug 20, 2019
This is definitely my new go-to peach pie recipe. I made it exactly as written..... I loved that the pie set up nicely too with the help of the cornstarch, as I find that peach pie can be quite runny. LOVED this!