Golden Oatmeal Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (10 slices)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon quick-cooking oats, divided
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup of oats, whole what flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, combine the applesauce, egg and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins and pecans.
- Pour into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining oats. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 188 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Feb 3, 2013
No comment left
Jan 13, 2013
Good bread that is healthy. Texture is dense and firm, great spread with some butter. Going to make another loaf now- I like having healthy snacks on hand.
Jun 5, 2012
I haven't made this yet but it sounds delish! I'm wondering if I could make these like cupcakes?? Anyone know how they would come out?
Apr 11, 2012
No comment left
Aug 4, 2011
This bread is yummy, even without the raisins and peacans. It is also easy , love it!!