Golden Harvest Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteAs a substitute for self-rising flour, place 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 3/4 cup.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 176 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 1, 2012
My family really enjoyed these cookies. I was truly amazed about how moist they are and delicious. Must have been the cheese!
Oct 1, 2012
My family really enjoyed these cookies. I was truly amazed about how moist they are and delicious. Must have been the cheese! :)