Golden Apricot Pie
This pie is pretty as a picture and absolutely apricot in flavor. The fruit's golden-orange color beautifully shows through the lattice top.—Elegant Apricot Specialty Foods, Jo and Joe Martin, Patterson, California
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + cooling Bake: 50 min.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) dried apricots
- 2-3/4 cups water
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small saucepan, combine apricots and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-22 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Place bottom pastry in a 9-in. pie plate. Drain apricots, reserving 3/4 cup liquid. Arrange apricots in pie shell. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and reserved apricot liquid.
- Pour over apricots; dot with butter. Top with a lattice crust. Bake at 400° for 50-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 414 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 10, 2019
Oh my goodness, this pie filling is incredible! Tender, tangy apricots in a mildly sweet syrup. I used a cream cheese crust. Next time I'll cook it a bit longer at a slightly lower temperature.