Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rice milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 medium)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the rice milk, applesauce, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in bananas and chocolate chips if desired.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup.
Editor's NoteRead all ingredient labels for possible gluten content prior to use. Ingredient formulas can change, and production facilities vary among brands. If you're concerned that your brand may contain gluten, contact the company.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 173 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Jul 11, 2020
So amazing, I have made them about 5 times in just the few months I've known about the recipe. I like them better than any other gluten free pancakes, and better than gluten free banana bread. We use soy milk, and about double what it calls for, because we like thinner batter. And it's fine without the vanilla. Greasing the pan with butter makes them flip easier. I have Celiac disease, so I'm really grateful for this recipe!
Mar 19, 2013
I can't thank Sharen enough for this delicious pancake recipe. My grandson has so many allergies and this recipe was perfect for him. He is two and wanted to eat pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They were so fluffy and delicious. The whole family enjoyed them.
Aug 4, 2012
They turned out mushy and raw in the middle, no matter how long I cooked them. I added1 cup of rice flour and a half cup more milk, and that did the trick to make them edible. They were great after I made the additions.
May 11, 2012
They were gooey and very unappetizing. No matter how long I cooked them.
Apr 27, 2011
excellent. best banana pancakes ever. we added crushed pecans for a great crunch. definitely making these again!
Mar 17, 2011
Wow! These are the top banana! Seriously. Thanks for publishing this one. It's so tasty. I might try a few other fruits to switch it up a little now and then.