Glazed Ranch Carrots
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 envelopes ranch salad dressing mix
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place carrots in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the butter, brown sugar and salad dressing mix until blended. Add carrots. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until glazed. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 156 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 1067mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Apr 30, 2018
Tasted really good and a little different from most glazed carrots with all the Ranch seasonings. I did cut the glaze ingredients in half (1/4 c. butter and brown sugar and only one packet of Ranch) as others suggested and it coated all the carrots very well. My husband really enjoyed them and asked that I make them again.
Apr 1, 2018
Ahhh!!! I'm stuffing my mouth as I type (happy Easter, everyone! I gave up BUTTER for Lent. ) It's got a LOT of glaze, but so tasty!
Aug 27, 2017
These were very tasty. I read the reviews before making these and made half the amount of glaze as suggested by many. It was the perfect amount of glaze.
Apr 27, 2015
Way too sweet for our taste. Will cut sugar next time.
Dec 9, 2014
These were really delicious! We'll definitely behaving these again.
Dec 1, 2014
Made these for thanksgiving & I really liked them. It was nice to have something other than plain old carrots. I did like the other reviews said & used only 1 envelope of ranch & only used 1/4 c. of brown sugar & butter. My family liked them as well!
Jul 28, 2014
Excellent! The kids even loved them.
Jun 16, 2014
You will be surprised at how good this simple dish tastes!! The first time I made as directed. My suggestion, take all the other reviews suggestion of half the glaze. It makes a lot. Simply cutting back on the glaze makes this the perfect side dish anytime of the year. Teenagers and adults alike enjoyed this unique taste.
Feb 15, 2014
1 envelope of ranch dressing is enough ! Delicious !
Jan 22, 2014
Great taste, just too much glaze, used half of glaze ingredients and had 1/2c left in bowl.