Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
Makes12-14 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken gizzards, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cans (49-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 5 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- Combine flour and seasoned salt in a large resealable plastic bag. Add gizzards, shake to coat. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, brown gizzards in oil. Add chicken broth. Cover and simmer for 2-3 hours or until the gizzards are tender. Add noodles; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
May 7, 2014
This was easy to prepare after cutting up the gizzards. Very good flavor. Everyone thought it delicious but wondered why there were no vegetables in it. I thought it turned out a little greasy. Not sure if it was from the oil (I used way less than called for) or from fat on the meat.
Sep 26, 2012
I got this same kind of recipe form my mom! Don't be afraid of gizzards, they taste just like chicken when cooked this way!! Nice and tender!
Aug 25, 2010
very good and tasty too
May 29, 2010
I go phesant hunting in SD every year, and I get to keep all the gibblets. Made this soup from them & it was great. I cut back on the broth thou.
Feb 25, 2010
not sure if the amount for chicken broth is correct, so am hesitent to try
Apr 25, 2006
No comment left