Gingered Lime Gelatin
This recipe calls for ginger ale in place of cold water, which gives the salad a "tingly" taste and heightens the ginger flavor.—Sandra McKenzie, Braham, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1 package (6 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup ginger ale, chilled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a bowl, dissolve the gelatin in water. Stir in ginger ale, ginger and the reserved juice. Chill until syrupy, about 45 minutes. Fold in pineapple. Transfer to a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm. Unmold onto a serving platter.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 21 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Apr 5, 2018
I did it with 2 small packages of sugar free jello and diet ginger ale. It was pretty good. I eat it for dessert with whipped cream on top.
Feb 16, 2011
Sub other fruits for pineapple allergy.
Jun 14, 2008
No comment left