Gingered Beef Stir-Fry
"You won't feel deprived in any way when you make this delicious main dish," assures Grace Nicholson of Willow Grove, Pennsylvania. "The beef is tender and tasty, and the colorful vegetables keep a bit of their crunch."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, whisk egg white, cornstarch, sugar, ginger and pepper until smooth. Add beef and toss to coat; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil. Saute onions for 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Add beef; stir-fry for 6-7 minutes or until meat is browned and no longer pink. Stir in soy sauce. Add carrots, zucchini and peas; stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until all vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 240 calories, 10g fat (0 saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.