Ghostly Cupcake Cones
Top peanut buttery cupcakes with your favorite frosting and spirited faces to make these frightfully ghostly treats. They’ll vanish into thin air before you know it! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 24 ice cream cake cones (about 3 inches tall)
- Frosting of your choice
- Assorted jimmies and sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Place ice cream cones in muffin cups. Spoon about 3 tablespoons batter into each cone, filling to 3/4 in. from the top.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely on wire racks. Pipe frosting over cupcake tops in ghost shapes; arrange jimmies and sprinkles on frosting as desired to create facial features.