German Chocolate Toffee Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in chocolate. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in water and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 161 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 6, 2015
EXCELLENT RECIPE...ONLY DRAWBACK IS THE LARGE VOLUME OF INGREDIENTS. ALMOST 15 CUPS OF INGREDIENTS
Oct 9, 2013
Nice & moist. Would make these again
Aug 3, 2012
These German Chocolate Toffee Cookies are quite delicious. The recipe is a large one, yielding 13 dozen (78) cookies per batch.
Nov 19, 2011
I do a Christmas open house and I am sure these will be a hit. they are very good. Will do again.
Apr 3, 2009
No comment left