Garlic Tortellini Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes6 servings (1-1/2 quarts)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat; saute garlic until tender, about 1 minute. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Add tortellini; cook, uncovered, until tender, 7-9 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and spinach; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 189 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 1074mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Mar 31, 2020
This soup is quick and delicious. Family loved it and asking me to double the recipe next time I make it.
Nov 24, 2019
The perfect lunch or dinner on a cold day. My family loved it.
Mar 25, 2019
A quick soup with a lot of flavor. The fresh cheese tortellini was a nice change of pace and used petite diced tomatoes instead of the tomatoes with chilies. Might try using fresh spinach next time I make this yummy soup. Made and reviewed for the Alphabet tag game.
Feb 24, 2017
Make exactly as the recipe stated or with any kind of tortellini. Add ons can be ground sausage, chicken or any left over veggie you have on hand. Clean out the refrigerator and then freeze the "planned" overs because this is wonderful for lunch or dinner.
Dec 7, 2016
This soup makes for a tasty, quick and easy weeknight dinner. I threw in some rotisserie chicken I had leftover, some ground nutmeg to the spinach and some fresh thyme to the broth.
Mar 31, 2016
This was super easy to make and I loved the flavor. The chilies really made the difference. Even my husband liked it.
Jan 17, 2016
soothing and warming on a cold winter night. next time will add more garlic (we love it so.) also maybe a mix of cheese and meat tortellini.
Feb 5, 2015
AMAZING dish. Quick, easy, and TASTEY. I added 3 garlic cloves instead and used a four cheese tortellini. Low sodium chicken broth did well for me as well as low sodium italian herb diced tomatoes. Perfect for a cold winter evening!
Feb 3, 2015
Jan 23, 2014
Quick. Easy. And just a few ingredients. I used fresh spinach instead though. Yummy! If you are concerned about sodium, I used lower sodium broth to decrease it. It was still great.