Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total: 30 min.
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Divide Brussels sprouts and onions between 2 foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, garlic, salt and pepper; drizzle half of the mixture over each pan and toss to coat. Roast until tender, 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally and switching position of pans halfway through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 69 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jan 12, 2020
We really enjoyed this; it was very tasty and so easy! My son went back for seconds but there weren't any left! I had cut the recipe in half, as there are only 3 of us. Next time I will make more.
Jan 14, 2019
We loved this recipe!! Full disclosure, I did use bacon fat in place of the olive oil, but made no other changes. I’m actually making it again tonight. It make frequent appearances on our dinner table!! VFE
Apr 7, 2018
I'm the only one who will eat brussels sprouts, so I halved the recipe, and used 4 cloves of garlic. The house smelled so good, I could hardly wait for dinner! I like for some of them to get really crispy brown edges, so I let mine go the full 25 minutes. It definitely wouldn't be terrible to add some cooked applewood smoked bacon to them either.
Sep 8, 2016
Brussels sprouts and garlic. So de-lish. I made these a while back and forgot to review the recipe. <3
Sep 5, 2016
I love brussel sprouts, especially when they're roasted, and garlic just makes these even better. I didnt have any red onion, so I used yellow instead, but I think it would have been better with red. Overall, a great side dish. I really like adding this combination to whole grain pasta with a little olive oil too. Yum!
Oct 11, 2015
Just so so.