Garlic Pepper Toast
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes1 to 1-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 each small green, sweet red and yellow pepper, julienned
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, saute onion, pepper and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil until tender. Add basil and garlic salt; set aside. Cut bread into 1-in. slices. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil each side for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush remaining oil on one side of bread. Top with pepper mixture and cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 20, 2011
No comment left
May 23, 2009
This is very simple and very tasty. A good alternative to bruschetta. We look forward to making it with fresh peppers from our garden every year!