Garlic Chicken with Herbs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice of your choice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; brown chicken on both sides. Remove from pan, reserving drippings.
- In same skillet, saute garlic in drippings over medium-high heat until light golden brown. Add wine and herbs; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook until mixture is almost evaporated. Add broth and chicken; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads at least 170°, 10-12 minutes.
- To serve, spoon pan juices over chicken. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 214 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 487mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Jul 14, 2020
As an alternative to sage, any herb that you like with chicken can work. For my tastes, I would try thyme first. From there, I might try marjoram, or celery seed, or basil.
Jun 11, 2019
The ingredients sounds easy to get but do you have any alternative for "sage"? because it's kinda hard to get it in my country.
Jan 30, 2019
This was an easy dish to prepare. The thighs turned out nice and moist. I doubled the amount of fresh herbs and would do that again. Used low sodium broth but ended up adding more salt at the table anyway - don't skimp if you don't have to.
Jun 27, 2018
This was outstanding, although perhaps not the prettiest dish. The first time I made it, I threw in all the liquid at once; the second time, waited to add the broth as directed. Didn't seem to make much of a difference in taste.
Feb 28, 2018
This was very simple and tasty. Husband loved it! Served with roasted potatoes and asparagus. Yummy!
Jan 11, 2018
Very quick and delicious. wouldn't change a thing.
Jul 19, 2017
Very tasty! Loved the combo of garlic and herbs. We didn't have chicken thighs so we used chicken breasts instead but still wonderful! Great with some fresh cooked veggies too!
Jul 5, 2017
Simple and delicious. Perfect weeknight meal. I used vermouth because I always have on hand for 40 Cloves of Garlic Chicken and love the depth of flavor it adds.