Garden Vegetable Medley
I'm a vegetarian and enjoy experimenting with vegetable combinations. This relatively fat-free dish with squash, onion, green pepper, tomatoes and seasonings goes well with any meal.—Suzanne Pelegrin, Ocala, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium onion, halved
- 1 medium green pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cut the yellow squash, zucchini, onion and green pepper into 2-in. x 1/2-in. strips. In a large skillet or wok, simmer vegetables, garlic and seasonings in broth over medium heat. Stir constantly until crisp-tender, about 7 minutes. Add tomatoes; heat through.