Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, onions, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, oil, jalapeno and seasonings. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 17 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jul 28, 2020
No comment left
Jun 16, 2020
May 11, 2020
VERY TASTY REcipe
Jan 1, 2020
This i s very good one
Aug 20, 2019
Such a great blend of flavors! I hate all the liquid that gathers at the bottom of the salsa bowl so I do one extra step--I cut the ends off the tomatoes, slice them in half (horizontally), then squeeze out the juice, seeds and whatever pulp falls out. Once the other ingredients are prepared, I pulse the emptied tomato halves in a food processor until they are cut but chunky. Then I add everything else and pulse a few more times. It makes a more hearty salsa. I love that I grow all the produce except the regular onions called for in this recipe!
May 22, 2019
No comment left
May 6, 2019
Apr 26, 2018
Good one. Very tasty
Nov 9, 2017
Oct 24, 2017