Garden Harvest Chili
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes7 servings (1-3/4 quarts)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute the red pepper, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, butternut squash and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until squash is almost tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 193 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Dec 4, 2016
We made this with 1 lb. ground beef instead of the butternut squash (skipped the Canolo oil). We also added 3 extra tablespoons of chili powder, 3 tablespoons of sugar and one can of tomato paste. Delicious...
Oct 26, 2013
I made this but didn't use any oil. I just cut up everything and put it in my Dutch oven. Brought it up to a boil, turned down to a simmer and let it cook for about 30 minutes. Delicious!
Dec 18, 2009
No comment left