Fruity Carrot Salad
I get our kids to eat raw carrots by grating them and mixing them with lots of colorful, naturally sweet fruit. Sometimes I add marshmallows and a creamy dressing to camouflage the carrots.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 medium carrots, grated
- 1 package (10 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup halved maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, marshmallows, pineapple, raisins, coconut and cherries. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and juices. Fold in whipped cream. Pour over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately.