Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup each chopped red and green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- In a bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and oats; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the coconut, dates, cherries and pineapple.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 168 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 11, 2016
No comment left
Dec 13, 2014
These cookies taste great and I will definitely make them again. Omitting the coconut and substituting raisins worked really well. The only thing I will do differently next time is to chill the dough for a few hours before baking, because the cookies spread out way too much and were flat with overly browned edges.
Jan 1, 2010
Delicious. The only thing I did different was omit the coconut and use 1 cup raisins. Husband loved them also.