Fruit Cocktail Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail, undrained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs until blended. Beat in fruit cocktail and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture until well blended.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with coconut and walnuts. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, butter and milk to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Drizzle over cake. Cool. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 161 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 8, 2020
I got a similar recipe from my sister probably about 50 years ago. I put the coconut and walnuts in the batter rather than sprinkling on top. If I have enough extra nuts, I add them to the glaze. I just love nuts.
Mar 26, 2013
I've been making this recipe for years....my kids are grown now,,but they ate this SO fast!
Feb 26, 2013
Easy and so tasty!
Aug 24, 2011
I had made this recipe before & they were really good! Thank you for submitting this recipe to Taste of Home! DELowenstein
Aug 5, 2010
These were very good. Will be making them again!
Feb 2, 2009
No comment left