Frozen Key Lime Delight
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + freezing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salted cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Key lime juice
- 3 teaspoons grated Key lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Whipped cream and Key lime slices
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour, cashews, coconut and brown sugar. Stir in butter. Sprinkle into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cream, milk, lime juice, zest and vanilla. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Fill cylinder of an ice cream maker two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Sprinkle half of the cashew mixture into an ungreased 11x7-in. dish. Spread ice cream over top; sprinkle with remaining cashew mixture. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm. Garnish servings with whipped cream and lime slices if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without garnishes): 672 calories, 46g fat (27g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Jul 15, 2020
I did not have an ice cream maker so I used quality vanilla ice cream and mixed in the lime juice and whipped topping, then stuck it in the freezer until it was firm enough to spread. Then refroze the entire dessert, which didnt take long at all since the ice cream was so cold. Run your knife under hot water before slicing. DELICIOUS! Would have gave 5 stars if I didnt have to improvise with the ice cream maker that I didnt know I needed before I started making it.
Jul 9, 2020
I agree with the rest that the need for an ice cream maker should be mentioned at the beginning of the recipe. But even if I had an ice cream maker, I would not be making this recipe: 1 piece (calculated without garnishes): 672 calories! That is insane. That's almost half my allotted calories for the entire day.
Jul 2, 2020
Very yummy! I love cashews and coconut, so the crust and topping were right up my alley - delicious! The ice cream was very tasty as well. I love that this dessert must be made ahead of time and can be served right from the freezer, leaving more previous time to devote to other parts of a family or company meal.
Jun 29, 2020
We loved this recipe and it will be going into my favorites.
Jun 28, 2020
Tastes great! I put the cream mixture in a bowl and placed it in my freezer. When the mixture had frozen crystals, I used a hand mixer to whip it into a whipped topping consistency. Works great without using an ice cream freezer.
Jun 17, 2020
I LOVE anything Key Lime. Is it possible to make the ice cream part of recipe without an ice cream maker? Oh, I hope so.
May 31, 2020
1-need for an ice cream machine should be listed, not put in step 3 of directions
May 24, 2020
I don't understand instruction #3
May 19, 2020
What does it mean to "fill the cylinder of ice cream 2/3 full"???
May 18, 2020
I really want to make this. It looks SO good, and the reviews all seem great. I think they should mention the ICE CREAM MAKER in the beginning. I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the details. Unfortunately, at the moment, I am ILL equipped to make this. *cry*