Frozen Chocolate Cheesecake Tart
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2-1/4 cups crushed Oreo cookies (about 22 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups vanilla or white chips, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the vanilla chips, cream and vanilla until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips; pour over crust. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Uncover and refrigerate 3-4 hours before serving. If desired, sprinkle with miniature chocolate chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 546 calories, 36g fat (20g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 17, 2019
Excellent make ahead dessert! Just enough chocolate for me, not overpowering. Liked that it was done and ready for holiday serving. Would definitely make again..
Jan 8, 2016
Fantastic! Of course, being the chocolate lover that I am, I substituted dark chocolate for the vanilla chips.
Apr 28, 2013
No comment left
May 20, 2012
I thought this was good, but would have liked a better texture. My husband didn't really like it. I bake alot, so I thought the texture should be a little creamier.
Feb 15, 2010
I improvised with an Oreo Cookie Pie Crust. It's my 16 yr old sons favorite dessert - really easy and very good.
Jan 28, 2010
loved it! I don't have a tart pan so I used my 9-in springform. turned out great.