Fried Ice Cream Dessert Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Optional: Honey, whipped cream and maraschino cherries
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add cornflakes and cinnamon; cook and stir until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sugar. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream, evaporated milk and salt until it begins to thicken. Gradually beat in condensed milk and vanilla until thickened.
- Sprinkle half the cornflakes onto bottom of a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Pour filling over crust; sprinkle with remaining cornflakes. Cover and freeze overnight. Cut into bars. If desired, serve with honey, whipped cream and cherries.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 276 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 11, 2020
Fast, easy, and SO good!! This is definitely a repeat recipe!!
Jul 20, 2020
So good. So easy. My kids asked me to make it again before we even finished the pan!
Jul 20, 2020
This was delicious. I did beat the cream first as some others suggested.
Jul 19, 2019
Completely agree that the cream has to be whipped first. Excellent dessert that everyone loved. Making again this weekend, but doubling it!
Jul 19, 2019
Following other reviewers tips, I also whipped the cream separately, then folded all together. Very tasty dessert! I had huge problems getting them out of the pan though, even with spraying it first. Next time I will line the pan with parchment, so I can lift it out, then cut. The crust was so delicious, I made extra :) Note - if you use unsalted butter in your cooking/baking, be sure to add a pinch of salt to the crust mixture.
Jul 18, 2019
Like others have noted, I whipped the cream separately. This was a hit with my sweet loving group of guys.
Jul 12, 2019
because of the comments i also whipped the cream separately and it was just outstanding -love this recipe as did my family. this will be in our regular rotation
Jul 2, 2019
I whipped the cream separately before adding the other ingredients like another reviewer mentioned. I think that is the only way this recipe will truly achieve its full potential.
Jun 26, 2019
Great recipe! I only had one problem...the cream has to be stiff peaks before the other ingredients are folded in. It wouldn't whip to stiff peaks after the condensed milk was added. I will do it that way next time. I froze it anyway and it still turned out okay. This is definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing!
Jun 10, 2019
We love this recipe and I will be making it often.