Fried Chicken and Pulled Pork Cornbread Poppers
These fun little apps are an instant conversation starter wherever they're served. We love them on game day, but they'd be a hit at brunch, too. —Crystal Schlueter, Babbitt, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min
- 2 ounces frozen popcorn chicken
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
- 4 seeded jalapeno peppers or pickled jalapeno peppers, cut into 6 slices each
- 1/4 cup refrigerated fully cooked barbecued pulled pork
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bake popcorn chicken according to package directions. When cool enough to handle, cut chicken into 12 pieces.
- Meanwhile, prepare cornbread mix according to package directions. Place a jalapeno slice in each of 24 foil-lined mini muffin cups. Fill each cup with 1 tablespoon batter. Gently press a piece of popcorn chicken into the centers of half the cups. Spoon 1 teaspoon pulled pork into the centers of remaining cups.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Serve with maple syrup; if desired, whisk chili sauce into syrup.