Fresh Salsa Dip
I grew up in Southern California, so Mexican food has always been one of my favorites. This salsa is extremely mild, so it's a good choice if you're trying Mexican food for the first time. It's also tasty over baked whitefish or sole.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 6 cups salsa
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped ripe olives
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) minced green chilies
- 3 finely chopped green onions, tops included
- 3 to 4 firm red tomatoes, finely cubed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vinegar and oil dressing or bottled Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Corn chips
- In a large bowl, combine the olives, chilies, onions, tomatoes and dressing. Chill overnight. Top with cilantro; toss gently. Serve with corn chips.