Fresh Fruit Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 5 to 6 cups chopped fresh fruit (apples, rhubarb, blueberries or peaches)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- Arrange fruit evenly in the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. greased baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk. Spoon over fruit. Combine sugar and cornstarch; sprinkle over batter. Pour water over all. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until fruit is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 267 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 428mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
May 6, 2020
I was super skeptical about this recipe when I started, I ended up really liking it. I made it with rhubarb and apples. Follow it to a T. water and everything...
Dec 14, 2019
this recipe is NOT GOOD. the sugar and cornstarch mixture should be put OVER THE BERRIES, not over the dough. i had plain cornstarch stuck to the dough when it got done baking. makes no sense to do it this way. will do it my way next time.
Jul 30, 2015
Aug 6, 2013
No comment left
Jun 14, 2011
I followed the recipe and used frozen blueberries and fresh peach chunks - my BBQ party guests loved it! This will be my summer cobbler recipe for all of this summer's fruits. Thanks for sharing it!!!
Oct 14, 2010
Made this for company. I wasn't sure of the recipe because never heard of pouring hot water over a crust before you bake it. It never got brown and even tasted raw yet the fruit was cooked. I even had someone say it looked disgusting and they wouldn't eat it. How embarrassing!!! It didn't taste bad after you added a lot of whipped cream but the raw taste did come through. I shredded this recipe!!
Oct 9, 2010
Excellent--one of the best cobbler recipes I've tried.
Sep 4, 2009
very good, I made it with fresh peaches and we loved it!!
May 25, 2009
This is one of the best fruit desserts I've ever made!
Jul 31, 2007
No comment left