Fresh Apple & Pear Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine apples, pears, cucumber and onion. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 96 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Jul 5, 2020
Excellent salad! We love pears so I used all pears and no apples. I added extra dill and tarragon (used both).
Jan 29, 2018
Excellent salad and dressing!
Feb 16, 2015
Made this exactly as instructed with dill (couldn't find tarragon)... Simple, refreshing and surprisingly very tasty. I never thought the mustard vinaigrette would work with fresh fruit, but I was mistaken -- it is so yummy. Took it to the office and shared at lunch -- it was a hit (especially with my vegan boss)!
Jan 22, 2015
Simple to make and great flavors!
Jan 21, 2015
I cut way back on the red onion and dill and it's very good. It was a little overpowering otherwise.
Oct 27, 2014
I liked this and it was really easy to put together. However, I took it to a family party and there were definitely leftovers and no one really commented on it.
Oct 10, 2014
This salad is wonderful! I made it with fresh tarragon, which we really enjoyed; however, the dill also sounds delicious, so I will be making it again soon!
Sep 1, 2014
I really enjoyed this salad. Who would have thought that the combinations of ingredients would compliment each other so well? Very light and refreshing. Will make again.
Mar 2, 2014
I made this for a lunch party and it was a hit!
Jan 17, 2014
I loved this salad and am making it again for a dinner party!