For Goodness Sakes Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- In a large bowl, dissolve the gelatins in boiling water. Cool slightly. Stir in the milk, pineapple with juice, mayonnaise, cottage cheese, nuts and horseradish sauce; mix well. Chill until partially set. Pour into an oiled 8-cup mold. Chill for 6 hours or overnight. Unmold.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 252 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 29, 2016
I have a quick question for this recipe. It states one tbls. horseradish sauce......is this the plain horseradish or the creamy type that you get at Arby's for their beef sandwiches. Thanks for your advice, I can't wait to try this for our next church potluck dinner.
Nov 22, 2012
I have made this one for our son, Mason for 20+ years. It is a must for thanksgiving.
Jan 4, 2008
I've made this gelatin salad many times -- sometimes as printed above and sometimes with all lime gelatin. Either way, my family can't get enough of it.