I made the "wings" for these burgers by cutting a narrow V shape in the tops of the buns. Green onion "eyes" peered out from the patties.—Lenore Walters, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 10 min.
- 8 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 32 thin green onions slices
- Cut each roll in half; shape each into a ball. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; flatten slightly. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine beef and egg. Shape into 16 patties, 2 in. each. In a large skillet, cook patties on both sides over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- Split rolls; place a beef patty on each bottom half. For wings, cut a narrow V shape from each roll top; position on each patty (discard removed sections). Secure with toothpicks. For eyes, pipe two dots of ketchup near the edge of each patty opposite the V; top with onion slices.