Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) ciabatta bread, cut into 16 slices
- 1/3 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat: stir in seasonings. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 5-7 minutes on each side. Spread with garlic oil. Top with sun-dried tomatoes, roasted peppers and spinach; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes longer. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 200 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 13, 2020
Great idea! The only thing I didn't like was the whole pine nuts. I will make this again, but going to put all the ingredients except the cheese in my food processor so the pine nuts can be smaller. I also used fresh spinach.
Feb 6, 2020
This was great for our "Fun Food Friday" and a movie. What I did differently was mix all the toppings together and used fresh raw spinach, then topped with cheese. Next time I'm going to send the pine nuts through the grinder.