Florentine Chicken Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use chicken breast cuts
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and sliced
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Alfredo sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute the chicken, spinach, red peppers, rosemary, garlic powder and pepper in butter until spinach is wilted. Stir in the broth, Alfredo sauce and pesto; cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta and add to the soup. Sprinkle with pine nuts and cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 275 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 865mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Feb 15, 2017
I made this for Valentine's day for my husband. I doubled the recipe. We absolutely loved it. The only change I made was adding a can of diced tomatoes (drained) instead of the peppers. Delicious!!!
Jan 22, 2017
My husband and I thought that this thick and hearty soup was absolutely amazing! I can't wait to make it again!
Jun 9, 2014
I agree with the previous person. This recipe needs no changes except that you should make a double batch:) Delicious.
Nov 15, 2013
I always change a recipe BUT not this one ---Love it just the way it is !! I am now gluten free so i add G/F pasta now.
Nov 29, 2012
Great soup. Different than your basic chicken noodle. I used fresh bel pepper and sauteed it before adding the rest of the ingredients. Came out wonderful!
Nov 26, 2012
I had made a Pesto-Chicken Penne Casserole (recipe also from taste of home) and wanted a different recipe to use some of my left-over ingredients. This soup did the trick! It was positively delicious and the rosemary really makes the soup.
Sep 28, 2012
No comment left
Jan 30, 2012
This didn't come out as soup when I made it. More of a colorful casserole with a little broth.
Mar 22, 2011
No comment left
Mar 3, 2011
Delicious!! I added chopped artichoke hearts and a bit more broth - instantly a top 5 recipe for us. Try it!!!!