Flavorful Tomato Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add basil, paprika and garlic powder. Stir in soup and milk until well blended. Cook over medium heat until heated through, 6-8 minutes. If desired, top with fresh basil leaves.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 233 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 989mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Feb 29, 2016
Easy and delicious. Great shortcut soup, when you don't have the time or ingredients for homemade soup from scratch. I personally will add a little less milk next time.
May 6, 2015
This soup is so tasty and easy to make. After preparing this recipe, I would question ever making homemade tomato soup from scratch. That is alot to say considering I make at least one soup the traditional every week. This one knocks it out of the park...superb with grilled cheese sandwiches for a delicious lunch or easy light dinner!
Oct 15, 2012
Great flavor! I make it all the time.
Feb 21, 2012
Quick & easy