Flavorful Sloppy Joes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- In a small skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 379 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1112mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.
Jun 19, 2020
I've been by myself almost 6 years when I cook I usually have to make more than I need and it ends up being thrown a way because I tired of it or it sits in the fridge. During this stay at home time I've been searching for receipts for two servings. This is the first one I tried and the 2nd time I used it. I have one that is similar to this but this has less ingredients and less time on the stove. It is just perfect for me at one meal. No waste at all with this. It will continue to be my go to sloppy Joe receipe.
Jul 13, 2017
Great recipe. Not greasy, and it has lots of flavor. I'm sure it could be made with ground chicken, or even TVP.
Jun 17, 2017
Sauce was very tasty. Loved the fact that it is just enough for 2 people.
Jan 9, 2016
Made this recipe for my son and his friends. The best I have every made! I added red pepper flakes for an extra zing. Will be sending it to school in my sons lunch box. Yes he still takes his lunch in high school.
Jul 1, 2014
Family loved it! I added a 1/2 Tablespoon of chili powder! It was great!
Jul 25, 2013
No comment left
Feb 5, 2010
My husband loved it.
Dec 10, 2009
this is the best sloppy joe I ever ate!
Jun 4, 2009
This recipe lives up to its name... it is very flavorful. My favorite sloppy joe recipe..
Mar 24, 2009
My favorite sloppy Joe recipe. Because I like red peppers, I also add some chopped red peppers. It is easy and I think the flavor is great.