Flavorful Herb Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 3-4 hours
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 1 cup warm whole milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed).
Editor's NoteWe recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 125 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 12, 2020
May 24, 2019
Really wish that there were steps where others without the bread machine could make it, it sounds like it would be delicious. :(
Feb 1, 2019
The settings on bread machines bake the bread for a programmed amount of time; then signal when the cycle is over. I LOVE my machine!
Jan 18, 2019
I'd love to make this bread in the traditional fashion (don't have a bread machine), but the instructions don't say how long the bread is suppose to bake (just says "bake according to bread machine directions." How long is that?
Dec 24, 2018
Best bread ever. My daughter-in-law had to make it for me ,as I don't have a bread machine and there were no manual directions. It's especially good toasted and slathered with butter-(OK I know that's not healthy- but it's delicious!)
Nov 22, 2018
Digital scales are really cheap these days. Cups and teaspoons are inaccurate for the weighing of ingredients. It doesn't take too much more time to record the weight for a recipe. The results are so much better. Please do it. Thanks
Oct 17, 2018
Easy to make and tastes great!
Nov 27, 2014
We loved this bread.
Nov 8, 2013
a great bread, made it many times
Jan 28, 2013
No comment left