Basil adds Italian flair to this frittata, a cheesy egg dish that cooks on the stove top. Canned mushrooms and store-bought spaghetti sauce cut seconds off the prep time. Spicy pork sausage add to the appeal, but it's tasty when made with ham, too.—Annette Self, Junction City, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup cooked bulk pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the sausage, onion and mushrooms in oil until onion is tender. Meanwhile,in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, basil and salt; pour over sausage mixture.
- As eggs set, lift edges, allowing uncooked portion to flow underneath. When eggs are nearly set, sprinkle with cheese. Cook until the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges; serve with spaghetti sauce.
Editor's Note: 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham can be substituted for the pork sausage.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 258 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 345mg cholesterol, 805mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.