Flank Steak with Couscous
It takes just minutes to broil this nicely seasoned flank steak. Slice the meat on an angle across the grain for the most tender results. You can substitute a pound of sirloin steak for the flank steak if you prefer. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 2 packages (5.8 ounces each) roasted garlic and olive oil couscous
- 3/4 cup diced roasted sweet red pepper, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Preheat broiler. Mix first 5 ingredients; rub over steak. Place on a broiler pan.
- Broil 2-3 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°), 6-8 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package directions. Stir in red pepper. Slice steak thinly across the grain; drizzle with dressing. Serve with couscous.
Health Tip: Nix the couscous mix to cut almost 750mg of sodium per serving. Cook plain couscous in water, then add roasted garlic and a drizzle of olive oil.