Flank Steak Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound beef flank steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned carrot
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce and pepper until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet, stir-fry the beef, broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper, carrot and ginger in oil until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir broth mixture; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 269 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Jan 16, 2016
Loved this recipe.
Feb 28, 2010
This was a quick and very easy recipe to make. The only thing that I did different was I used can mushrooms sense I didn't have any fresh. I used fresh broccoli. We did serve this with white rice. My family loved it. We didn't have any leftovers.