Flaky Dill Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, dill, salt and pepper. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. With a fork, stir in eggs and 1/2 cup cream just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining cream. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 228 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 13, 2016
I loved the dill flavor and it paired well with Roasted Kielbasa and vegetables. That being said, my family was less thrilled with them. Super easy to make and would go great for a ladies luncheon.
Oct 18, 2014
I really enjoyed these. As a side note, they were particularly good along side the Chunky Seafood Chowder which is another recipe on this website. Try it! You won't be disappointed!
Feb 13, 2010
No comment left