Fish Fillets with Stuffing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds fish fillets (cod, whitefish, haddock, etc.)
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients and mix well. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. microwave-safe dish, arrange the fillets with stuffing between them. Moisten paper towels with water; place over fish. Cook 9-11 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, rotating dish occasionally. Sprinkle with paprika.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 266 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Jan 6, 2019
This is a new favorite. The Stuffing was exactly what I was looking for! I do not Microwave Seafood... I saw a trick to use a muffin pan and roll your fish in each spot creating a tube. Fill hole with stuffing, and bake 30 mins at 350 degrees. Absolutely Scrumptious!
Dec 12, 2014
This is a great way to eat fish!
Apr 26, 2011
Terrific flavor, moist, delicious & buttery taste.