Firecracker Grilled Salmon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain salmon, discarding marinade in bag. Place salmon skin side down on a greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with remaining marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 306 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Jul 3, 2020
This is really excellent. I will definitely make this again.
Jun 25, 2020
This is my favorite salmon marinade of all time. It has become my go-to anytime I grill or broil salmon, and though I haven't tried it on either meats or seafoods, I think it would go great with anything. Love it!
Jun 21, 2019
I didn’t have any scallions, so I used dried chives. Fantastic flavor! Hubby doesn’t like salmon, but I encouraged him to give it another try, it was perfect recipe to open his mind. He really liked it! This is a definite keeper!!
Jun 19, 2019
Wow! Terrific Salmon. I don't usually leave reviews but this recipe was great. Followed recipe exactly and cooked on foil on the grill. Will definitely make again!
Jun 17, 2019
One of our favorite ways of making salmon! Been making this recipe for years and just realized I had never submitted a review. Even my husband who is not a fish eater of any kind loves this. Definitely a keeper!
May 8, 2019
this is good. i will definitely make this again!
Jul 3, 2018
I plan to make this tonight as it sounds so good and the positive reviews convinced me. However, I believe we learn from negative reviews too. Why are they not shown??? I'll rate this after dinner. Thanks.
Apr 8, 2018
This is a great way to make fish. The sauce is super flavorful! You can use this sauce with any fish and you will have a winning dish.
Apr 2, 2018
I've used this recipe several times using steelhead. My husband loves the flavors. It's a keeper!!!
Jan 21, 2018
This might have been some of the best Salmon I’ve ever had! It was super moist, wildly flavorful, and fast to put together. This recipe is definitely a keeper.