Fiesta Turkey Burgers
Turkey burgers don't have to be dry...and this one proves it. This one is moist and quite tasty. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes if you like a little more zing.—Kathy Hogan, Chicopee, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 cup canned Bush's black bean fiesta
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- Mayonnaise, optional
- In a large bowl, coarsely mash beans. Stir in the bread crumbs, egg white, chili powder, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large, greased cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook patties over medium heat until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, 6-8 minutes on each side. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise if desired.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Bush's Black Bean Fiesta Grillin' Beans.