Fiesta Biscuit Squares
Life is lively around our house, and time in the kitchen is limited. These biscuit squares topped with ground beef and cheese make a satisfying dinner served with a tossed salad. - Mrs. Dale Snow, Cambridge Springs, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk with a fork until the mixture forms a ball. On a floured surface, roll out dough into a 13x9-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; press dough halfway up the side of dish. Brush with butter. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes. Arrange tomato slices over the crust. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. In a bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese and onion; spoon over the tomato layer. Top with the beef. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and paprika. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cut into squares.