Festive Shrimp Tarts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed and patted dry
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 packages (2.1 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/2 small green pepper, cut into small strips
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, mayonnaise and mustard. Stir in the shrimp, onions, corn, celery, red pepper, capers, cilantro, garlic, chili powder and pepper. Spoon about 2 teaspoonfuls filling into each tart shell.
- Place on baking sheets; bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes or until tops begin to brown. Top with green pepper strips. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 49 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 12, 2020
This is a wonderful appetizer for any meal, all year! I get rave reviews from friends & neighbors every time I make them.
Jan 20, 2017
I did not care for these at all. I don't know what the problem was but I was very disappointed and ended up dumping them all down the garbage disposal.
Dec 27, 2011
I made these for a Christmas Eve get together and they were the hit of the party! One person even said that they were the favorite out of all of the recipes I had ever made. I prepared the filling the day before and let set in the fridge overnight. Would definitely make again!!
May 21, 2009
Just great - but I left out the corn.