Favorite Macaroon Kisses
These cookies are a holiday favorite around our house. You can top them off with cherries or chocolate—or some of each! —Alice McTarnaghan, Castleton, New York
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- Candied cherries and/or chocolate kisses
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, extract and juice. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 3 cups coconut. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining coconut. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately place a cherry or chocolate kiss on top of each cookie. Cool 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.